The Betty-Cam

We spent a little time in Iowa today. Well, actually it was the whole day. Iowa is a lot bigger than I had remembered. We went to the place where Field of Dreams was filmed. Even though i had never been there before it felt like i knew the place because I've seen the movie so many times. We took turns hitting the ball just like shoeless joe and the rest of the ghost players did. I was a little disappointed to discover that i didn't disappear into the corn field.

We got to Ft. Dodge by dinner time. I haven't been to Ft. Dodge since we lived here when I was six or seven. My world was so small back then. All i knew then was Feelhaver Elementary, home, the woods next door and fireflies. Sometimes I wish i could go back.

We managed to find a Walmart, which turns out to be more difficult than I had thought it would be. We now have new stereo speakers in the cab, and two working headlights. One just doesn't cut it. Bill fixed the wiring in the back of the RV, a.k.a. Betty, and now the kids have Nintendo. We're all pretty excited about that. Not a peep from them now except for when they crash their cars into the side rails or get blown up by a tank.

For those of you wanting to join us on our road trip, we now have the Betty-Cam. You get to see what Betty sees. Click on the link to the right to get a time-lapse view out Betty's windshield.

Comments