Cape Disappointment, WA

Cape Disappointment State Park was probably our favorite campground.  Camping was just short walk to the water but was in a shady pine forest.  The beach had large rocks and driftwood that the girls loved.  They climbed, jumped down into the sand and build a fort out of driftwood.  



Sunsets were great two nights in a row and I saw my first green flash the first night.  The second night I tried to get it on camera but it never happened.  Still, a beautiful sunset.  


Shortly after sunset we noticed a huge flock of birds near the surface of the water.  Not sure what they were up to.
One night Lisa and I went back out to the beach after the girls went to "sleep", which is the word we use for getting under a blanket with a book light.  Stars were fantastic.  I brought out the camera and did some long exposures while we laid on the blanket and watched the sky.





Comments