No luggage and we can't find the car.

As we sat in Reykjavik airport waiting to board the plane Bill asked me what I thought the odds were that we'd get to the Faroe Islands with all of our luggage.  I put my money on us getting there with all four pieces, no problem.  I was also certain that we would have our rental car ready and waiting for us in the airport parking lot.  The only thing that I was uncertain of was the address to the flat where we would be staying.  I had forgotten to get that important bit of information before we left.  Luckily a quick email exchange with the rental person solved that.  We were not so lucky with the luggage and car.

After learning that none of our luggage made it to the Faroe Islands we reported it missing and went looking for the car which turned out to be missing as well.  It doesn't take long after the last flight to the tiny little airport arrives for everyone to bug out and go home.  Lights were being turned out as we were still running around outside looking for the non-existent car.  Thankfully the person we reported our missing luggage to was still around and called the rental car place, found out our car was broken and got us another car which was in the parking lot and got us to our flat.  The next day we got to meet our neighbors who had received a delivery of our luggage from a taxi driver when we were out.  

Here is our flat.  Kinda cute, I think!

Comments

donnadaye said…
Your flat is so cute! Glad your luggage turned up and you made it safely to your destination.