Aurora

There was a huge coronal mass ejection a few days ago that has been causing amazing auroral displays the last few days.  Unfortunately the clouds never let up here in the Faroes to see it.  Lisa and I kept our eyes on the sky all night and a couple of times drove up to a reservoir above Vestmanna to get away from the city lights in the hopes of some clearing.  At about 3 AM we saw a small break in the clouds but no aurora.  Lisa suggested I get a picture of the few stars I could see with a giant wind turbine in the foreground.  I set the camera up for 30 s and stood right behind it worried that the wind might tip it over and we were rewarded.
I imagine it would have been an amazing show on a clear night.  Oh well, we had fun trying.

Comments

donnadaye said…
This is a beautiful picture.