New Mexico, route 60, 8 miles from AZ border



Long day today. We drove from just north of Carlsbad, though Roswell and then west towards Socorro. Got pulled over for speeding in Magdelana for going 45 in a 30. Kind of frustrating to get pulled over for speeding when I've had the cruise control set at 57 mph for 4000 miles. The guy was clearly looking for out of state plates as he was sitting just outside of town within view of the 45 mph speed limit sign. I'll fight it and see what happens. Just a bit after that fiasco we made it to the Very Large Array just before the sun went down. (You may remember the VLA from such films as Contact with Jodi Foster). They have a little visitor center and a walking tour to check out the big dishes. There was a lightning storm going off in the distance so I set my camera on a tripod and continuously shot about 500 pictures until I caught a couple with lightning. It's the little things that keep me happy.

Comments

donnadaye said…
Life is certainly not always fair, Not much joy in his life I guess.